Colour Bar - Belgian-Congolese Mixed Race in Search of his identity (interview)


Roland Gust was born to a Congolese mother and a Belgian father. He grew up in Congo, believing he was white. That is, until his family decided to return to Belgium when he was twelve. Twenty years later, in a recently released documentary, Colour Bar, we follow him in his desire to find a grammar to describe his past. 5 Questions for Roland Gust.– Tom Devriendt (from Africa is a Country)

Read this very interesting interview at Africa is a Country - The Belgian Color Bar

Gunst is a film maker and musician who spend the last 5 years making a documentary about his search for identity. He is also a friend of Afro-Europe blogger Sibo who wrote a story about his film "Colour Bar", you can read it here


For a translation in English click the "CC" button on the right.

4 Comments

  1. Hey
    That was so interesting. I'd like to watch it, do you know if the DVD's got subtitles?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi KonWomyn, I don't know, but you can mail him at pj@sjiekong.be

    More info:
    order your DVD (12€+ mail expenses) by mail: pj@sjiekong.be
    http://sjiekong-colourbar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, the DVD has Dutch, French and English subtitles. You can order it on line.

    And Afro-Europe, you are still doing such a great and wonderful job. i keep on following this great blog. I'm sorry I've been so 'unproductive' but the videoproduction is taking too much of my free time besides the my regular job. Still I hope to share my thing soon.

    Thanks Erik!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sibo. No problem, I am looking forward to see your video

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form