Black philanthropy on Black Gives Back


I came across the blog Black gives back, a blog about black philanthropy. It’s a blog full of truly inspirational examples of black Americans helping other black people. I asked the blogger why she started this blog. "Before I started blackgivesback, my plan was to create a blog for my Washington, D.C. based charity, highlighting issues and programs in and around D.C. But then I thought, why just focus on my hometown of D.C.? So I then switched my focus to include what's going on in the world with philanthropy in the black community. My blog showcases what celebrities and everyday people are doing to make this world a better place, and it highlights current issues of importance to Black America."

On the photo Boxer Ronald Lamont "Winky" Wright (left) and singer/actress Christina Milian (right) pose with sickle cell guest Maliah. Sickle cell anemia is an inherited blood disorder that is common among African Americans. [And Afro-Europeans.]
Read: The William E. Proudford Sicle Cell fund, Inc

So what are the black folks in Europe doing? I hope giving you – and myself- the answers in upcoming posts

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form